Just came to know that today is the international day of Happiness. Just the day to list out the little things that make me happy 🙂 Here is the list, not in the same order.
- I remember during our school days, when Mom and Dad used to get us our new notebooks and textbooks. The smell in the books is something which I still remember. And the anticipation of new things that we are going to learn. I used to try and read as much as possible of the new textbooks as soon as they came in.
- Talking of the school days, who can forget the exhilarating feeling we kids used to go through for a little while after our exams got over. It felt like I was on the top of the world. I once told my sister that I feel like a free bird, flying in the sky 🙂 And she teased me about it.
- Coming back to these days..I am an avid gardener. And I feel immensely happy when I see sprouts coming out of the seeds I sowed. Greater happiness is when these little saplings choose to settle in my garden (‘coz many small saplings don’t make it through to being a healthy fruit-bearing plant). Even greater happiness is when you see them fruit and when you are able to savour their taste.
- I am software developer. And it gives me great happiness when a piece of code I write works the way it is intended to work. Much greater happiness is when software created by me comes to someone’s use. And even greater happiness is when someone commends my work.
- It gives me happiness in trying out new software. When I am learning a new programming language I on the edge happy. It is like meeting a new girl friend 🙂 In my mind I keep measuring it up against my previous longterm girl friend (which is Java) 😀
- Happiness is when I get my pay-check from my customers.
- Happiness is when my investments bear good returns.
- Oh, happiness is when I am watching my favourite movie on the big screen. I’d be lying if I say that I don’t enjoy movies on my computer too. But on the big screen it is movie time with the whole family. And it is usually to sci-fi movies which even my sons dig. I am already being pestered about that we have watch Avengers-The age of Ultron on the big screen in 3D 🙂
- Happiness is when my wife cooks my favourite foods like Chicken Biryani, Baghara Baingan, Maa ki daal, Rajma, Broken Wheat Upma with Eggs, etc.
- Happiness is when I get praise for the cooking I do at home. My kids and my wife will always keep this cooking only for me: Egg bhurji / Omlette, Mushroom masala, Raita, etc.
- Last, but not the least happiness is when I am sipping my favourite drink 🙂